Head of Metabolomics Platform
Stellenanangebot Gruppenleiter in Fribourg | Schweiz
An open position for a metabolomics platform manager with a solid track record in plant science and technical expertise in analytics/metabolomics (GC-MS and/or LC-MS) is available at the Department of Biology from January 1st, 2021. The successful candidate is expected to lead a metabolomics platform with the help of a part-time technical assistant and contribute to teaching in plant science, analytics/metabolomics and/or systems biology at the bachelor and master level. The establishment of an independent research program in plant metabolomics or related fields is welcomed and supported. The position is available at the level of junior group leader (maître-assistant).
Domain of activity
As a member of the Department of Biology, the candidate will have shared access to laboratory, growth chamber and greenhouse space. In addition to the metabolomics platform that she/he will run and coordinate, the candidate will have access to a state-of-the art imaging, proteomics, and bioinformatics platforms. The position is initially available for a duration of 5 years (3+2), with the possibility to be stabilized.
January 1st, 2021
How to apply
Please send your application as a single pdf document to . Your application should include:
- a motivation letter
- a complete curriculum vitae including a copy of the diploma of the highest degree
- a statement of technical expertise related to analytics/metabolomics
- a full publication list highlighting the three most important publications
- a short statement of future research and funding plans
- a record of teaching experience and the names and contact details of three references